• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with dropped data connection after CM6 root (GBD)

Well looks like they now have this in their system...

If you call in for this they imediately tell you that the issue needs to be escalladed to senior techs and that this will take 1 to 2 weeks to resolve.

Joyous...

The tech did tell me that if I upgrade to the current software version that data would be restored withing 24 hours. So it's either risk bricking the phone or wait for 2 weeks without data... :mad:

Would be nice to at least be offered a freaking credit for the time I'll be out of service. Yeah, yeah, I know, I braught this on myself by messing with the phone's software. :rolleyes:

But come to think of it if Rogers / HTC would just release a vanilla OS that does not render the android apps I want to use useless and worse renders the phone unstable, then I would not be in this mess.

Upvote 0
FYI,

As mentioned in another thread I updated to the rooted Rogers rom, called up support and managed to get a network refresh. I then restored CM6 with the 3.22.26.17 radio and am back in business.

Got a text from Rogers on Friday informing me that my IMEI number is added to the waiver database so I can now go ahead and sign that silly thing. As mad as I was earlier in the week I'm now feeling pretty Zen!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones