problem with easy root

Last Updated:

1. yokevreid

yokevreid Member This Topic's Starter

i have the 2.2 update, and i tried to root using easy root (i bought it)
    i hit the root button, it said it was successful and i just had to reboot, so i did and when i went back, it didnt show it was rooted. im so confused, help.

Advertisement
  2. tgambitg

tgambitg Member

EasyRoot and other one touch rooting applications were broken with the 2.2 update, as it fixed the security hole they exploited to root. I haven't heard whether any of them have found a new hole to use or not, but you'd be better off using one of the tried and true rooting methods described in the 'All about Root' section of this forum. They work no matter the version of the OS.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

4. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

the "Droid 1 Users:" directions are more steps and effort than just using the ones linked to above. easier to stick with one of these mentioned methods.

6. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I got lucky I easy rooted with the first 2.2update squeaking by in the knick of time I guess.

7. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Well-Known Member

Just like Lock-N-Load said, use the method in my signature: Soup or Root. Version 2.0 Beta just came out and it's ridiculously easy to root! Just plug in your droid (turn on USB Debugging first), open Soup or Root 2.0 Beta, click Root Me!! button and follow a couple dialog boxes. Then, just sit there and wait.