• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problem with email and gmail app

Im having an unsual issue and Im hoping the only way to fix it is NOT to reset to factory data! My 10 year old got a hold of my wifes hero before she could enter her gmail account info. He entered his instead. So now all his notifications come to her phone. Also the lattitude program under google maps has to be tracked with his screen name not hers. Im assuming cause he entered his first, that it made his name the default. Even after I deleted both of theirs and renetered hers. I can get her mail fine unders the hero mail app but when I open the gmail app its only his. Is there a way to wipe him from the phone without the factor reset?? If thats the case then I guess im going to have to enter all her contact info into her gmail account so it can sync with the phone after the reset?? Man I have been on this forum for hours looking for an answer and cant find what im looking for. Im also having problems synching my laptop with the phone after the sync software download. I was able to save pics and all but cant figure how to save the contacts. It only saved 4 numbers that were listed as phone and not any of the contacts listed as google. Grrrrrr. Im assuming the contacts are saved under the internal memory and not the memory card?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance

Well that didnt work. I tired clearing the data and the cache in gmail and storage, but for some reason the storage data keeps coming back. I will clear it then go out of the app, go back in and its back. I tried this many times and it always came back. I even tried rebooting the phone. On her HTC mail app she get her mail fine. I tested by sending something to her and my son separate from my gmail account. She gets her mail in her HTC app. But he gets the test mail on her gmail app. Im going to have to do a hard reset im afraid. Oh yeah I also turned off the sync option and went into airplane mode to make sure it wasnt updating. Then I cleared the data and cache and rebooted the phone. Im not sure what esle to try. I guess I better start entering all her contacts in her gmail account so I can get them all back after the reset. GRRRRRR!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones