Problem with Epic to Epic calls while using speakerphoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is a really weird deal. A friend of mine got an Epic about the same time I did, and we talked a lot, with both of us using speakerphone, and it sounded great. But at some point it started messing up, when both of us were on speakerphone. We get this really loud chirping sound, that goes away, if one of us turns speaker phone off. My friend also has this problem when talking to his wife, who also has an Epic. I don't experience any problems using speakerphone during any other calls, nor does he, unless they are Epic to Epic with both parties using speakerphone.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this odd behavior with their Epic? And if you haven't please try to test this out, with anyone else that has an Epic. At this point tech support doesn't have any other feedback, so I'm alone in the woods on this one.

Advertisement
  2. gme109

Could someone at least try this with someone you know who has an Epic, and let me know if you're experiencing the same problems? This problem is madding.

3. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

HI! I experienced the SAME thing! My boyfriend and I bought the epics, and when we us speakerphone it sounds chirpy and odd--when I talk to others, I dont' really hear this loud noise.... it's weird.

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

if it bothers you much, then take it to sprint service center as they should have another epic to try it out to prove it's a global issue and not just your phone.

5. gme109

I did just that, I checked it out with another Epic, and it seemed to work fine. They also ran a diagnostic on my phone, which checked out fine. But the problem continues when talking to my friends Epic. This is going to be a tough problem to pin down.

6. gme109

If you could, please call in and report this to Sprint. As of now, they're telling me I'm the only one. Here is the direct number to Sprint's higher level tech support.

1-877-735-8405

7. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

very interesting indeed. i wonder if the speakers are getting feedback with something in close proximity.