1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Problem with Facebook apps

1. chadryan

chadryan Member

When signed into the Facebook app under my account, I constantly get the error "Something went wrong. Please try again". This also happens on the Facebook Messenger app. If I log out and log in under my wife's account the error goes away. This has made the app unusable for me.

I have checked all of my Facebook settings, I have logged out and logged back in, but the error will not go away. Has anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Welcome to AF. :) Have you tried clearing the cache or clearing the data on the app? That should fix the problem.
  3. chadryan

chadryan Member

Yes I have tried clearing the cache and data but it didn't solve the problem. I've also tried in installing and reinstalling the app but no luck.
  4. Metroid Prime

Hmm. Have you tried updating it maybe?
  5. chadryan

chadryan Member

Yes it's up to date. I have narrowed it down to being specific to my Facebook account since it works fine under other accounts but I can't find any settings in Facebook that would cause it.
  6. Metroid Prime

Does this just happen or is it when you specifically do something on the app?
  7. chadryan

chadryan Member

It usually happens when I first launch the app and then will happen again during specific actions like refreshing the feed. In the Messenger app when I try to refresh, the feed will go blank and won't work again until I sign out of my account and sign back in.
  8. Metroid Prime

Not sure how that could be specific with a setting. Does this happen when on the PC?
  9. chadryan

chadryan Member

No problems on the PC or on iPhone app. Just on the android app.
  10. Metroid Prime

It's most likely has to do with the app rather than a setting. Have you tried powering your phone down and turning it back on? Are you rooted by any chance?
  11. chadryan

chadryan Member

I have restarted the phone, yes. The phone is not rooted.
  12. Metroid Prime

Do you have sync on? Maybe there's an issue with it not syncing with your account.
  13. chadryan

chadryan Member

Where is that setting? I'm not sure if it's on or not.
  14. Metroid Prime

Go to settings > Accounts & Sync and see if it's on and your account is syncing.
  15. chadryan

chadryan Member

Sync is disabled.
  16. Metroid Prime

Enable it and see if it corrects the issue.
  17. chadryan

chadryan Member

I enabled sync but it didn't make any difference. I have no idea what is causing the error message.
  18. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

Doesn't Facebook keep track of all the apps that access it, from the account settings on the web? OP, you could always try logging on to the desktop website, and seeing if you can remove permission for your app to access Facebook, then clear the data on the device's end, and start fresh. Maybe that'll help?
  19. chadryan

chadryan Member

I did log out all sessions and delete permissions from within Facebook on the web but still no change. I may just have to attempt to contact Facebook which I know is going to be a challenge.
  20. chadryan

chadryan Member

This issue is still occurring. Anyone else have any suggestions?
  21. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

When you manually removed the FB app permission from your FB web account, did you also remove the cell number and then go back and re-add the permissions and the cell number? If so, did you receive the notification text message? Did you also remove/readd the FB account from your phones settings under Accounts?
  22. chadryan

chadryan Member

Yes, I deleted the app permission and the cell number and re-added both but it didn't make any difference. I have also deleted the account from my phone's settings and re-added it.
  23. chadryan

chadryan Member

Here's a screenshot of the error.

Attached Files:

24. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Did you get the text message to verify the cell phone number? I cannot recall if there was a link in the text message to click on to finish verification, or if you are supposed to just reply with something specific.
  25. chadryan

chadryan Member

Yes, you text F to 32665, it replies with a code which you enter on the website. I did all that and my phone shows up under Mobile in my privacy settings.