Problem with Fastboot

Last Updated:

1. jsarn1

jsarn1 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently a little confused as to what has happened to my phone. I accidentally put my phone through HBoot recovery mode and since doing that I cannot get the fastboot menu to open pressing the power and vol up buttons. Doing this just gives me the screen with the android guy and the yellow notification icon. I thought I might have just lost root access, but I am still able to remove applications from my phone and I get the # in adb shell. Titanium Backup is also not working, however.

Anyone have any idea what happened to my phone/how I can fix it? Thanks so much

Advertisement
  2. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

I'm on 2.1 so no root for me but when I used to screw up my jailbroken ipod you can just re-flash it and start from scratch of course you loose everything youve downloaded and all the settings but not a huge deal.

3. cgh

cgh Well-Known Member

Try power + volume down.

4. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

I am frozen in fastboot on the blue screen when I tried to back up my rom. Any help please?

5. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

..sorry posted wrong edited thisone

6. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

There is no "blue screen" in HBOOT mode, nor in recovery boot, nor in FASTBOOT mode.

Recovery boot - assuming that you have the Amon_RA custom recovery installed, has a black background with an HTC icon, and menus in the form of a green font. You start the recovery boot from a power-off state by pressing and holding both Vol-Up and End/Power until the screen lights up (making sure to press Vol-Up first). You should see 3 (green) skateboarding Droids for 8-10 seconds; afterwards you will see either the Amon_RA recovery menu, or a graphic (usually the graphic contains a triangle and exclamation point, and either an image of the phone or a little green android) if the stock HTC recovery is still on the phone.

The HBOOT screen has a white background with text/lettering of a variety of colors; you start the HBOOT boot from a power-off state by pressing and holding both Vol-Down and End/Power until the screen lights up (making sure to press the Vol-Down key first). You will know it is the HBOOT screen because it says right on it - guess what? - "HBOOT".

The FASTBOOT screen also has a white background with text/lettering of a variety of colors; you start the FASTBOOT boot from a power-off state by pressing and holding both Send and End/Power until the screen lights up (making sure to press the Send key down first). You can get to either the HBOOT mode or even the Recovery boot by choosing the appropriate menu items in this mode.

There is a possibility that you are in Amon_RA and your trackball is not working - but given your description of "blue screen", I don't know where exactly you are. (You are not using ROM Manager/Clockwork are you?)

eu1

PS It is OK to start a new thread, rather than reviving one that is five months old.