1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Problem with firmware update LePan TC 970Support

1. cevtablet

cevtablet New Member

I downloaded the files and connected my tablet to the PC. Then discovered that I needed to take out the MicroSD, reload it etc. By that time I had already clicked on Turn on USB Storage. I realized I would have to finish this process later. Could not turn off USB Storage. Turned off tablet and it has not come back on since. I charged it for hours. I have pressed reset several times, nothing happens. I can't remove MicroSD. Can't get LePan on the phone. Can't get them to send password.

Advertisement
  2. Ashpree

Ashpree New Member

Firmware update for LePan tc 970 from 4431 to 4626
    Step 1 - connect Le Pan USB cable to your laptop
    Step 2 - Download all three files on your laptop
    Step 3 - Format (Delete everything on LePan SD Card through your laptop windows explorer).
    Step 4 - Copy all downloaded files (2 files and not the instructions pdf) from your laptop to LePan SD Card folder on your laptop. You should see this in the E: drive.
    Step 5 - Unplug the USB cable from LePan.
    Step 6 - Power off the LePan
    Step 7 - Press Vol- and Power buttons together and follow the instructions as in the pdf document.
    throck likes this.
  3. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a link to what changed in this latest update? I don't want to update unless there is a value in doing so.

Thanks.
  4. grahambush

grahambush New Member

The 4626 firmware update doesn't work. I was told that by Le Pan. They also told me the new update would be out a couple of weeks ago. For a nice little tablet they sure are trying to push customers away!
  5. MilaC

MilaC Member

That is so good to know. I ordered mine, and it is being delivered tomorrow (cant wait!!) I was going to update before i installed anything else.

Overall, I have found 95% great reviews for the 970. I ordered from HSN and it came with a bunch of free apps valued at over $100 -- and has a 30 day unconditional guarantee, i figure I cant go wrong.

LOVE this forum! Really made me feel good about my purchase.

Mila C
    Atlanta, GA
  6. MilaC

MilaC Member

Omg.... I love it!!!! Was delivered with 4749 and is amazing. in another thread it was said 4749 wasnt out yet and that I should call le pan. Anyone else order from hsn?
  7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member

the "4626" firmware works for many people, have been running it for months without a hitch.