Problem with FlashRec

Last Updated:

1. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Step 4: Type into the text box, "/sdcard/cm-recovery.img" or whatever you renamed MoDaCo's recovery image to, and hit Flash.

In this step#4, after entering /sdcard/cm-recovery.img in the text box, there are two buttons: 1.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

3. vjprakashbe

Slug, even I did think in that way but further following those steps (mentioned in that procedure), there is another nandroid backup. So I got confused.

Step 6: You should now be in the custom recovery mode. Select the Nandroid Backup option in order to create a backup of your current ROM.

Are those two backups different?

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Oh yes! :)

A Nandroid backup is the best insurance against mishap, as it is a complete image of your handset at the point of backup. The ROM, apps, data, recovery image.... everything is saved in this. Restoring it returns your handset to the exact state it was in when th backup was made.

In contrast, the FlashRec backup is only of the standard (or current) recovery image.

5. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

I had this problem and solved it in a cunning way (well not really that cunning at all really.)

1. Rename "recovery-RA-hero-v1.3.2.img" or whatever you're using to "recovery-backup.img"

2. Select "flash recovery image"

It worked for me.

6. vjprakashbe

FrankTheTank,
    Here for me, "Flash Recovery Image" button is disabled (grayed out) and I can not hit it. That is the issue!!!
    Was your trick: Rename "recovery-RA-hero-v1.3.2.img" or whatever you're using to "recovery-backup.img" instead of "cm-recovery.img"?
    Do I need to Root my phone prior to do this?

Thanks,
    -Jp

7. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

If you select

8. nem

nem Member

If you're feeling ballsy you can hit the invisible button the right of the backup button, which allows you to bypass the requirement for a backup before flashing.

This is only way I found that worked - admittedly I didn't look for an alternative option for long!

9. agent-5

agent-5 Active Member

I noticed that the latest version of FlashRec (available through Market) was preventing me from flashing anything. The solution was to download a previous version from here: Downloads - flashrec - Project Hosting on Google Code

Download and install flashrec-20090815.apk from the above site and try that.

Its an early version which does not include the 'Backup before you flash' feature.