Problem with Flixster app...

Last Updated:

1. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing this with the Movies/Flixster app? When I go to upcoming movies, the release dates for so many movies are all wrong. Movies already released are listed as coming up. For example, I'm looking at it right now and it says that The Sorcerer's Apprentice opens up Aug 11. The Last Airbender opens on Aug 13. Salt opens on Aug 20. Grown Ups on Aug 27, etc. It's been giving me incorrect start dates for a whle now - but when I check the same app on a iPhone/iPad - I see the correct dates. My location in the settings is correct. I can't figure it out. I tried reinstalling, etc. What am I doing wrong?

2. halldorr

halldorr Active Member

The dates all seem ok for me so far. My only problem with the app is that I can't click the little sub bars to choose between new releases and upcoming dvd releases...all the dates seem fine though.
  3. darciewalk

darciewalk New Member

I have the exact problem. "New" DVD have been out for months... and when I look at the DVD release dates in the film, they are all wrong. I'm using v3.5, BF has android 3.41, no problems. Help!
  4. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone is still having this problem, check your phone's "locale" and "input language".

Being Canadian, I had my input language set to English UK and was getting all the UK dates, set it to English US, and all the dates are fixed.

Set it back to English UK, then grabbed MoreLocale 2 from the Play store and changed the code to en CA (English Canada) and bingo, everything works as it should. Correct spell check and correct locale.