• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with freescale imx 515

Welcome to Android Forums!

Unfortunately there is no generic version of Android you can get to reinstall over an oem version. Each device gets Android tailored for it by the manufacturer, so updates must come from them. The tablets that come from China usually have very limited support.

Perhaps if you ask in the general tablet section someone might have figured out something for your specific device.

Upvote 0
i bought this tablet from china with a 2.2 os system which works ok but crashes every so often.
i was wondering if it would be possible for me to upgrade my system and if so how ?

Well being 2.2 its easy to root ! if u know the risks involved in rooting, go ahead and root ! then try "Fix Permissions" from ROM Manager ( does not require any Special recovery ! ) . I am not sure if that will work for you as it is not clearly mentioned like what actually crashes !!
but if apps crash then this method will solve the issues :p
but it won't help for any other issues !

Well El Presidente stated the ultimate method :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones