Problem with Fresh 2.05d or maybe Apps2SD

Last Updated:

1. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Two problems actually:

1. Anytime I've got an application open and hit the home button to get to the home screen, The Fresh logo appears and then it goes to my home page. I get the circular "refreshing" icon before the home screen will fully appear.

2. Worse problem: When going to my People app, I can't add anyone. I get an error saying "the application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly"

I loaded Fresh last week and this problem just started yesterday. Yesterday I formatted my SD card and partitioned it so that I could (and did) install apps2SD. All went without a flaw (?) until these problems came up.

Advertisement
  2. Squiggy

Tried flashing the ROM again and got this:

Copying Files...
    E: Failure at line 391:
    copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:
    Installation aborted

3. R2D2-AKU2

R2D2-AKU2 Member

Sound like the zip got corrupted. Also, did you wipe ext?

4. Squiggy

I'm new to rooting and Flashing, and I'm not sure what you mean by "wipe ext." I did wipe the SD card before partitioning it yesterday.

5. R2D2-AKU2

R2D2-AKU2 Member

Wipe the device, not the SD card - although you had to do that to partition the card.

Try this:

1) Re-download fresh or some other ROM (I like damagecontrol, personally) and copy it to the root of your SD card.

2) Reboot, press and hold Home until the recovery console comes up. Then wipe factory, dalvik and ext.

3) Load from zip the ROM you want to load.

Sorry if I'm using not-exactly-the-correct terms, I'm going from memory. You'll know it when you see it. You'll be starting from scratch - which sucks because you have to set everything back up - but it should fix your problems. After everything works, create a nandroid backup from the recovery console.

Squiggy likes this.
  6. Squiggy

Thanks for that. I was trying to avoid wiping, but at least I get to test another ROM. Trying out DamageControl right now. So far so good, and will be better once I find an install the market fix.