• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem with froyo roms

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
ive tried kangerade and beast both newest versions kangerade i keep on having problem with no 3g and with the previous beast it was just buggy for me but the new one im getting the same 3g problem i got back to beast on 2.1 and all is fine

i dont know what could be causing this but i really want to give a froyo rom a go and these are the 2 i like from what ive seen and i cant connect through 3g any help would be greatly appreciated

yes to both i wipe each thing multiple times always

and i dont usually do a prl update when installing a new rom but i did try that as a solution for this problem

Did you format your partitions before switching ROMs? Formatting your boot, system, data, and cache partitions eliminates much of the BS that people run into...at least that is my experience ;)

In Clockwork, go to the partitions menu and you will see "format boot", "format system", etc. Just be sure that you don't go too fast and click on something by mistake.
i.e. You don't want to accidentally format your SD Card :eek:

Upvote 0
You don't want to accidentally format your SD Card :eek:

I just did that! Stupid me did full titanium backup, nandroid backup, and started formatting boot, system, data, and cache, but on my third time through I fumble-fingered my way down to format sdcard and did the dirty deed. Oh well, I only lost some pictures I hadn't backed up and of course, MY BACKUPS.

Installed BB v0.4, signed into google, and put my phone down for an hour. All my apps restored, wifi connected, maps 4.3 installed, nav works, reinstalled swype from the beta email. I did have to setup my screens again. Installed Fab's NexTheme BB 0.4 and I'm loving this setup.

Upvote 0
ok so i went with a suggestion elsewhere to change to sprecovery

it was working at first but even when i tried before the 3g would work at first but this one i rebooted several times and it was still working so then i started doing my theme and what not i put on the nextheme rebooted still fine

then i put on the defaultfonts rebooted and boom no 3g

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones