Problem with froyo update

Last Updated:

1. funmonk01

funmonk01 Member This Topic's Starter

Downloaded yesterday the 2.1 update and froyo today over wifi all seemed ok but now just have spinning wheel and loading on screen a message appears but it is too quick to read then for 1 sec white screen with the HTC logo then back to spinning wheel and loading.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Unbranded Legend.

ps. using macosx

pss/ spinning wheel now stopped says sorry! process com.htc.launcher is not responding now new screen says sorry! process.com.android.phone is not responding. force quit or wait

Advertisement
  2. AndiHoffi

AndiHoffi New Member

Hi all,

I just tried to install the new Froyo-OTA-Update.
    What happens is that it starts the update and after a few moments a red triangle with a red exclamation-mark is shown.
    When holding "Volume up" and pressing the power-button shortly, the phone shows a status-message claiming that the update was aborted with "status 7".
    After a reboot, I still have Android 2.1 running (at least the phone is still working!).
    Do you have any idea, what I can do to solve this issue?

Some more details:
    The phone has been bought with a vodafone-branding and I debranded it.
    I also tried to get root-access, but gave up after a few tries.
    I did a hard-reset too with no effect.

Any ideas?

3. funmonk01

funmonk01 Member This Topic's Starter

OK spoken to HTC support UK. The only way to rectify the problem is to do a factory reset. Hold volume down button and short press power key (phone must be off!) then volume down to select clear then power key to select.

The good news is it rebbots with froyo.

4. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

5. macnpaul

macnpaul Active Member

This is what I did (also had a debranded vodafone legend) -

I downgraded by following this guide -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725430

but instead of installing the rom it mentions I used a UK vodafone one. Although this gave me all the branding back, it also allowed me to update to FroYo OTA.

Can't guarantee it will work for anybody else, and of course there is always the risk that something might go badly wrong - no way am I endorsing this method, there could be other problems further down the line. But it's working for me so far.

6. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

Really odd. I managed to roll back per the instructions however no Vodafone RUU will work.
    Error always comes up with USD not connected??
    Thing is using Adb it's definately connected and I've installed a stock HTC rom.

Even trying to flash froyo direct from C_mans post doesn't work as there's an "ID error"....

7. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

Finally, I'm back on vodafone!

Had a problem with drivers and the vodfone RUUs, all I needed to do was to install HTC sync and all the drivers were fine and the UK vodafone RUU flashed.

I love t'internet and bulletin boards