problem with G.O.T v 1.10a

Last Updated:

1. vmani007

vmani007 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have modded my milestone with G.O.T 1.10 and its great :) :) thanks to the GOT theme :)
    problems i am facing with G.O.T
    Physical Keyboard Not working
    Volume Roker(volume + -) button not working
    Camera button not functioning.
    What I did before Modding my milestone : :eek:
    *rooted my milestone
    *installed Droidx Keyboard by replacing the stock app using ROOT EXPLORER
    *tried reinstalling the stock android keyboard by copying the LatinIME.apk( I forgot to backup stock apk :( i downloaded it from internet ..)failed attempt !! dint work"application installation failed!!!"
    *After reboot and factory wipe my milestone ended in BLACK SCREEN with an error message "process com.android.inputmethod.latin has stopped working .."force closed the application :(
    *At the end as a solution for this i flashed my milestone with vulnerable sbf file and modded my milestone with G.O.T V1.10 and now i am stuck with the problems in the starting of this thread :( :(
    I cant blame G.O.T because mistake is on my side :)
    can any 1 please help me in overcoming the above mentioned problems !!
    kindly help me :) :)

Advertisement
  2. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Factory reset?

3. vmani007

Factory resetting the phone will unroot my milestone ? I need stock android apps that are present in system/app . I guess these .apks are used after factory reset :) I have replaced stock android keyboard with DroidX keyboard :(
    so can you please link me stock apps from your milestone :)
    Thanks man :)

4. vmani007

factory reset failed :( !! still the buttons are not working !!physical keyboard/volume roker/camera button are fine in boot menu:) .. after booting its not getting detected :(

5. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Ok the next step I would try is flashing the orginal SBF which pretty much is the same as a factory rest. Maybe yours got messed up some how. When you flash to the original it should fix that. If that doesn't work not sure what else to suggest at this point.

6. vmani007

I have fixed my stone :)Big thanks to Androidforums,Xda developers forums :) u people rock man !! :D :D
    1st Attempt :
    Flashed Telus sbf file and it was in success :)
    Since I reside in India ..my milestone picked by my Carrier but the phone was in emergency mode !! !!
    2nd Attempt :
    Flashed my stone wit my stock sbf file [i was sure this will work since it is similar to factory wiping my phone but had a fear in my mind because factory wiping my stone dint fix this .. so fingers crossed .. ]
    Atlast after a successful flashing .. it is working as it should be :)

Conclusion :
    If you messed your phone .. try factory wiping your phone
    if the above fails try this:
    Download your normal [not the service version as it will not wipe your phone !!! ] sbf file from sbf:milestone [And Developers] this contains motorola`s official sbf file for all OS Versions[2.0,2.1 etc..] and regions[UK,Canada,Singapore many more on the list]and flash your milestone with the sbf and every thing will be back to normal :)

DC84 likes this.