Problem with Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated:

1. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys i've just got this problem i finish loading the batery for my Samsung before i go to bed then i surf some on the web then i put it aside (I Turned the Wi-Fi off) And i had 92% batery left now when i wake up this morning i have 62% Does it take that much on the batery? Is there anything i can do to make it hold longer or i just got to turn it off by the night?

Advertisement
  2. hazardeyes

hazardeyes Active Member

more then 85% of the battery use is the Display !

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Yes, that sounds about right.

4. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

try charging it overnight... plug it in last thing its what i do... means you leave for work will 99% battery

5. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

If you are trying to say that your phone lost 30% of the battery just in stand by then NO thats not normal. Complete usage profile for your phone would be appreciated like whether the GPS, 3g were on or off. Also it might be that some application prevented the phone from sleeping and thus drained the battery.

From my experience I have found that when you do nothing on phone (3g, GPS etc etc off) then the Phone standby+phone idle use 1% battery per hour.

6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

A long long way from my experience.

7. sean2476

sean2476 Member

1% per hour sounds about right if everything is turned off and phone is in standby

8. CarBUZZ

CarBUZZ Member

GPS and auto syncing with Gmail account is killing the battery.

9. TheCompBoy

I think i know the problem.. i have a app called batery something that shows my batery in % instead of the little picture of a batery and i think its not synced right.. Thats the problem i think if not i will try to delete those apps that you said is killing the batery

10. TheCompBoy

No i still havn't found the problem i will try turn off the gmail auto sync and try download a Application killer or something.. Also my father bought a new Samsung galaxy S, after 4 months and now he got a new one and it have more apps to download at the Samsung apps market.. some one know why??

11. riskaa

riskaa Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out my battery too, as i think it's draining quicker than it should. When i went to sleep at 1 am last night it was on 72% and this morning, at 7am, it was on 24% (it seems to be losing 4% every 30 minutes). I have Juicedefender enabled to data connect every 3 minutes. Background sync is on. Other than that the phone is on idle. This morning when i woke up, wi-fi was connected for some reason, and according to Juiceplotter, it had been connected for 30 mins.
    Seems to me, 8% per hour is way too much, according to some of the above posts in this thread.

Another question: i used to charge my phone overnight, but since my phone is set to silent, i don't know when it's fully charged. I wonder if that killed the battery somehow, since i left it on 100% charge for a few hours?

12. TheCompBoy

Hmm.. sounds like we got the same problem exept my Wi-Fi doesn't turn on without i do anything but my Batery gets unloaded soo quick i don't know what to do cus if i turn it off every time i am not using it that would hurt the phone more...