1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with gameboid...

Last Updated:

1. okstate707

okstate707 Member This Topic's Starter

I've never had a problem with gameboid before, but no matter what I do to get past a certain point in golden sun, it always freezes. It's inside the mercury lighthouse where you find the dijin(sp?), after I beat it, the game always crashes. I've tried downloading a new rom and renaming my save file so that it works with the new save, but it still freezes. I've also tried uninstalling gameboid and reinstalling it, but it still happens.

Is there anything else I can do to get this thing to work?

Advertisement
  2. hogofddyn_

hogofddyn_ Well-Known Member

Golden Sun crashed on me a couple of times.
    Seems to work for me if I load the rom, then reset the game from the back button menu.
    Haven't had any crashes since.

I also use the quicksave in the emulator for saving purposes though I don't know if this has any effect as I don't know if Golden Sun auto saves.

The problem I seem to be having is that all games are randomly jerky on gameboid when the sound's enabled (Galaxy S here), but run completely fine with the sound disabled. I don't think it's a processor issue, rather an incompatibility issue with my phone.

3. okstate707

okstate707 Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, everything else in Golden Sun works perfectly fine (I do get a little lag too with sound enabled--Samsung Captivate) except for when that certain Djinni is "going into" my character after I beat it (dont know how else to describe it).

Ive just skipped that Djinni for now and have gotten through the Fuschin Caves without anymore problems.