• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Gmail

I changed my password originally because someone else tried to log into my account, and google suggested I change it for security. I also tried a wipe, and set up the account again - and still no good. Also, gmail won't let me use a password I have previously used with the account.

Upvote 0
Well, I was thinking of changing it back from pc, see if you can log in on phone with old pw, either app or browser, just to see if you can.

Then maybe, see if you can change the password, from your phone itself. :thinking:

Do this all pretty quickly, if it doesn't work, change it again with pc.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah. Thanks for all your help. I eventually just made a separate gmail account so I can at least use the google apps on the phone. I'm hoping talking to google more can let me put my original account back on there, but now it looks like it is an account issue more than a problem with the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones