Problem with google contacts sync

Last Updated:

1. Rapo

Rapo Member This Topic's Starter

Hello

I just installed the ContactSync app on my Hero, and all my contacts are easily been transformed into google contacts.
    But when I try to sync contacts with Google, it thinks a bit and then comes with an error message:
    "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexspectedly. Please try again."

When I go into my gmail contacts, there are only 57 contacts out of the 173 I have the phone, plus some of them in my gmail has duplicates :/

Had done a backup of my contacts using Secure Wave. Made as a CSV file via Secure Wave, which I could then import in my gmail. Fine, so now I had about 240 contacts in my gmail (Around 80 more than I had on my phone?)
    That caused a bit of a problem since they apparently don't work in the same way.
    So now I hava about 50 numbers that are now called "Mobile" when they on the phone was called "name Mobile" and a lot of unknown numbers labeled on the cell phone as they only had one name on the phone.
    But i guess all this can be solved with a lot of editing on the computer ;(

But then when I go into "view" menu under contacts it says I have 352 google contacts (should be about 173) and none phone contacts (Which is fine since they all got converted into google contacts) :S, plus when I'm inside contacts and look, I get the following error message every time my phone tries to sync with google:
    "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexspectedly. Please try again. And then I can just press "Force close" after which I will return to my Home screen.

Someone who knows what went wrong and how I solve it? :)

Hope all this made sence, since most of this is turned into english from my danish post in another forum, using google translate :)

Advertisement
  2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

Google contacts are a default 'contact type' on android, this automatically uploads contacts into the google e-mail address you use on your phone. The option can be found under 'contact type' as 'google'. When you make a new contact. I would recommend you delete your phone book and start from scratch

- Putting all contacts in again as google contacts. (for speed sake you can do this in your google e-mail account off a PC/laptop. It will automatically update on your phone.)

-Once you've got all your contacts make a new wavesecure backup (it seems your adding back ups before deleting originals)

Hopefully you should only need to do this once (not the back up) but each new contact added after that automatically updates on google.

Hope this helps, keep me posted :D

3. Rapo

Rapo Member This Topic's Starter

Okay thank you :)
    Tried some different stuff but in the end i realised the only right thing to do was to delete all gmail contacts and all phone contacts and then start from scratch and you said..
    So now I used the last 4 hours adding all my friend again in my gmail contacts, and linked them to facebook.
    Actually it was a good thing since I then managed to clean up in all those old contacts i never use anymore, so managed to wipe about 100 numbers off :b
    Used the backed up contact list from WaveSecure to see all my numbers and then just added them to gmail, so now everything is how i shold be, and phone and gmail syncs great :D

Thank you very much for your help ;)