• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Google Nav

So I was using Google Nav today and while driving, the screen went into standby mode(black). I hit the button on the side and the Nav came back, but then went into Standby mode again. Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts on how to remedy this. Thanks!

I guess your screen is sleeping even with an application is open thats weird, I would change the screen timeout to max (30 minutes) I did that while using my GPS today and had np

Upvote 0
My screen doesn't sleep either when using Google Nav. I usually have my timeout set at 30 seconds or 1 min, but it never goes to sleep regardless, when using Nav.

I'm assuming you probably have your Epic plugged in when you are using the GPS in the car, so just enable the "stay awake" option in your settings. This will keep your screen on whenever the phone is plugged in/charging.

Settings------->Applications-------->Development-------->Stay Awake (box checked)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones