Problem with google.

Last Updated:

1. joejoe

joejoe Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have tried everything else, so please bear with me. About a week ago my droid started opening the google web browser in spanish. No matter what i do it defaults back to spanish if i kill the browser and reopen it. I've checked all my settings and tried all the help topics i could find on this, no luck. Anyone else having this problem? If you fixed it could you let me know, I'm very annoyed.

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Que?

3. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

Tryt the settings to "reset all data to default".

4. joejoe

joejoe Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried resetting to default, twice, no luck. I have just switched search engines, google hasn't helped me. If there is a problem that cant be solved, ill get it, lol. Thanks for the help.

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Go to Setting > Language & Keyboard Settings > Select Locale > click on English. See if that helps.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If that were the issue, his whole phone would have Spanish all over it ... not just in the Google web browser.

My recommendation is to go to Settings > Location & security > and play with the two top parameters (Use wireless networks, Use GPS satellites). Turn ON "Use GPS satellites", turn OFF "Use wireless networks", turn ON the GPS receiver, go outside then open your browser. See if it doesn't "relocate" you.

If that doesn't work ... maybe you should buy some "Dora, the Explorer" DVDs, and start brushing up on su Espa

7. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm just offering him potential solutions. He said it was in Spanish and I know it has those two options. Doesn't hurt to try right? His phone is acting wacky as is.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I sorry Boss. :eek: I'll never correct you again. I promise.

Belittle and berate? ... probably. But I'll never correct you again. :D :D :D

9. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

Ay Caramba!

:eek: