Problem with HandtecGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HTCWozz

HTCWozz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hellooo

I'ved just orderd DHD from handtec.co.uk, i didnt make an account though, but orderd anyway, i then recieved an email stating that my order has been processed succesfully. However, no where at all can i see the word "pre-ordered". I didnt make an account untill after i ordered the phone and now i have my order isnt under History.

Now i enter my 7 digit order reference that was e mailed to me into the city link website that i was linked to on the handtec website, and it comes up with some completed order in newcastle (I'm not in Newcastle)

I'd like some details or reassurance that this is normal for orders through handtec as i am new to the site...and that my pre order will be processed smoothly.

PS since i orderd without an account, there seems to be no physical way to cancel the order...maybe ringing up in the morning will be a better idea.

Thankyou in advance for any assistance

Advertisement
  2. allmine1976

allmine1976 Member

It's normal but still annoying . The exact same thing happened to me .

3. naths

naths Well-Known Member

dont worry it happens there all the time,only orders processed after you open account show up,and they allocate the ref numbers properly on dispatch...

4. HTCWozz

So ill recieve another email on dispatch and then my ref. will work? there expecting any day now...

5. naths

naths Well-Known Member

it may be that the current ref is your order instore and when its dispatched they may issue a new one or use the current one if the current one is avaiable for dispatch items,if you get what i mean...

6. HTCWozz

Right, so your 100% sure that whats happened is just very inconvenient and not a cause for concern? Its not smart of us to assume everything is hunky dory just because a number of us are having the same thing happen. has anybody actually had this done befire and received the product as normal?

7. naths

naths Well-Known Member

well iv spoken to them today and the chap explained it all to me....i personally havnt used them,but there are loads of people on android forums that have....im not at all concerned...

8. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

i got my desire from them without problems. Now awaiting my HD from them....COME ON lol

9. shuandrew

shuandrew Active Member

Just phoned Handtec to double check my order went through, and they said that the first batch of HTC HDs will be sent out 'sometime this week', 'next few days'.

Also said that because I pre-ordered late, I may not be included in the first batch. :(

The race between Handtec and Play.com is well and truly on. :p

10. HTCWozz

Im nipping down tocarphone warehouse later and taking one out on orange,paying 200 pounmd for the set and 20 quid a month, works out to be cheaper than my plan to buy the phone sim free and go sim only....had a play as well, I LOVE IT, ill post pictures later amnd write a small review.

rang up handtec and cancelled order,they said itll take 24 hours for money to go back which is fine, no email conformation as of yet though.

11. Monker

Monker Member

Any more news on Handtec delivery schedule? Ordered my DHD from them through work last week, so all of the notification emails are going to the finance lady. Really hoping it comes tomorrow, as off to the states for a week on Friday...:(

12. allmine1976

allmine1976 Member

There's no chance i'm afraid . For people who preorderd in september there's will be dispatched on friday and for anybody else it will be sometime next week if your lucky :(

13. Monker

Monker Member

Ah well... something to look forward to when I get back. Maybe all this sensor stuff will be sorted by then.:rolleyes:

14. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone New Member

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has received their DHD from Handtec yet? I've just placed an order with them...fingers crossed!

15. Monker

Monker Member

Nothing yet - I ordered a few weeks back. Hoping to have it by the end of the week.

16. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone New Member

Phew. Well I don't expect a super quick delivery...just hoping that it'll arrive before my local carriers start having it (I'm based in Singapore). If that doesn't happen I'll just throw myself out of my office window LOL

17. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

im guessing handtec aren't getting as much stock as they thought.

now got a message up saying their next batch will only be filling the orders up to the 13th otober...i ordered on the 21st so im screwed for at least another week i guess :(

on the pluss side i get a free bluetooth headset which is something i guess.

18. shuandrew

shuandrew Active Member

Yeah, I ordered a bit late from them too. Snagged one off eBay (auction snipers ftw ;)) for less than I was paying with Handtec and it should be here on Monday or Tuesday. :)

19. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member

Got mine on Monday 25th but I was in the first batch sent out (ordered on 29th Sept).

Still waiting for the case though.:rolleyes:

20. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

How much did you pay for yours on Ebay?

21. Monker

Monker Member

Mine was ordered on the 14th :mad:

You never know - might get lucky...

22. shuandrew

shuandrew Active Member

Just phoned Handtec to cancel my order. They told me that they're expecting another delivery on Friday.

23. shuandrew

shuandrew Active Member

Oh yeah, but now my Play.com order is switched to processing(!) My HTC HD from eBay arrived this morning. I'll send the Play one straight back, unless anyone here is desperate for it? (mods... please delete if this is against forum rules).

24. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Well-Known Member

they updated their site saying next shipment is expected week commencing 8th November. I'll definitely be in that batch, ordered on the 18th.

25. shuandrew

shuandrew Active Member

....Eh, and now my Play order is packing. Same offer as above unless mods remove. PM me. :)