• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with home screen(s)

shackman

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
Hey guys I am totally new to the forum so sorry if this has been asked but I didn't seem to find anything in my searching. The problem I'm having is this I recently got the Captivate and even though people have had issues with them I really like this phone. However when I first got it I noticed that I had home screens on both the left and right of the center screen now it seems my "home" screen can only be on the right. So if I hit the home button it scrolls all the way to the right screen any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw I was an avid iphone supporter but have converted so I'm also a noob to the Android scene but so far I regret making this decision so late in the game!!

Welcome! I'm fairly new myself, and also an iphone convert like a lot of people on here, but your question is one I think I can answer! The captivate's home screen is always the 4th screen from the left, no matter what as long as you continue to use the default launcher (touchwiz). If you use a launcher from the market you can set your home screen. Kind of annoying. You can add up to 7 home pages or delete all but 1. Adding and deleting is actually pretty easy with touchwiz: from any home screen click the bottom left soft-key (options/settings), then hit the edit button from your list of choices. From this view you can actually delete and rearrange entire home screens with one action. Hit the little red slash at the top right of a home screen to delete an entire screen. To rearrange press and hold on a screen and swipe it down, it should pop down and you can maneuver it to where you want and slide it in, the other home screens will move out of the way. When you are done make sure you hit save or all will be lost.

So if you want a particular screen to be your main home screen just add 3 screens to its left. They can be blank.

If that's annoying to you (it is to me) I recommend getting a different launcher from the market, launcher pro and adwlauncher are both great. Others probably know more launchers that are good. Anyway I hope that helped! Welcome to android, it will only get better and better.

Reactions: ay42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones