Problem with home screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Akradon

Akradon New Member This Topic's Starter

I've just got a samsung galaxy portal. Just started setting up, now the wallpaper on my phone (which i changed to a motorbike) is constantly swapping round from:

picture of bike > edge of bike > black > back to start.

It's not stopping long enough on the menu screen to let me select anything, I can just about get into my contacts, but cant get the home screen up or anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

It could be that the picture is too big to be displayed properly, so it might be displaying a portion at a time.

Try setting your wallpaper to a smaller picture.

It could also be a slide show, but it does not sound like it, if you only have one picture of the bike.

3. Mad_Sunday

Mad_Sunday Well-Known Member

Here's a photo of a bike I took at the Isle of Man TT earlier this month, I'm using it as wallpaper with no issues (just make it full size with the frame in the wallpaper picture installer) and see if that works on your phone OK. If it does it must be the picture your using. Click the picture to open it then right click and choose save as and stick it on your desktop.

Pete

Attached Files:

4. Twistedfairyqueen

Twistedfairyqueen Active Member

I'm going to sound like a proper muppet now but how do you get pics onto your phone from the computer........was trying for ages earlier (given up on live wallpaper, for now)!?!

5. XplosiV

There are a couple of ways to copy files over.

Once I had upgraded to 2.1 JD1, I could receive files via bluetooth.

You can remove the sd card from your phone, put it into a micro sd card adapter, and then put that into a card reader that is connected to your pc, and access the sd card via my computer on the windows start menu, just cut and paste away.

You can also plug your phone into the pc via usb cable, you will need to have kies installed or new samsung personal studio, to have the right drivers so your pc can detect the phone properly. Also once connected, on your phone, goto the notifications area and click on usb connection to mount the phones sd card. Now you should find the sd drive in my computer from start menu, or load kies and that should detect the card.

6. Twistedfairyqueen

I've tried doing using it kies yesterday going to attempt it again in a min.....wish me luck!

7. XplosiV

Good luck TFQ

If you get stuck, just look for a youtube clip that might help.

8. Twistedfairyqueen

Thanks, still waiting for kies to finish updating.....86744 KB update!!!!! Its taking forever :(

9. XplosiV

Thats only 87mb ... you must have a slowish connection, or the server your downloading from is slow.

10. Twistedfairyqueen

Well that was a waste of time! Took well over an hour to do the update and I still can't get the pic onto my phone using kies. When I tried to tranfer it onto the phone a message comes on the screen saying 'external memory is not available. Please insert a memory card to transfer file'......it has a memory card in it!?! I've ended up, emailing it to the gmail account I use on the phone, so I do finally have the pic I wanted as my wallpaper but have had to go a really backwards way about it...........anyone else had a problem with kies or is it just me thats simple? :/

11. XplosiV

it could be that the image was of a bigger size than that was available on your sd card. As long as you mount the sd card after connecting your phone to pc you should have little issue.

12. Twistedfairyqueen

'Mount the sd card'!?! Damn it!!! Didn't read your last post properly....well I did but I have cloth ears. I'll give it another go later :)

13. XplosiV

Yea, it goers something like this.

Load Kies
    Plug phone into PC
    Phone is partially detected by Kies
    On your phone you should have the USB symbol - drag down the notification area
    Select the USB notification
    Select option to mount SD card as a USB drive
    Almost immediately you should get an autoplay window pop up on your PC screen - now you can view the sd cards files/folders through your PC easily ;)

Twistedfairyqueen likes this.
  14. miltonmac

miltonmac New Member

Thanks for the insructions go tit done but it was hard work as i'm a newbie to android phones maybe i will make the process easyer for people like me to decipher :confused: