• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with HTC Hero

vexonie

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
hello everyone,im new here so sorry if im not in a good thread. this is my problem:
i got a used htc hero today,it was in a good condition,everything working jut fine,for like 4-5 hours,then i wanted to factory reset my phone. i did everything just turned out fine,but when i wanted to go to market,it said i need gmail first. so i just started typing in my gmail... then suddenly my touch wasnt working. i presed the power buton,then agian and unlocked it,then it was working again. it works for 5-6 letters,then does it again. when im browsing through the phone or net everything is working,but soon as i go to type in something touch just stops working,sometimes the ball thingy(sorry i dont know what its called,used for navigation without touch) stops working,but sometimes work. the phone WAS working before the reset. i await your answer,regrads.

Dear Derren,
I said in my problem that the factory ret DID the problm. my touch in the keyboard isnt working since i did the factory reset.
Hello Dan
as you probably know ht hero is a touch mobile phone,so changing the keyboard would mean that i change the whole touch.
And Daniel
I just turned off myphone,started it in safe mode(when it turned on in the bottom left corner it wrote safe mode) i factory reeted it and still the same problem.
Anyways,thanks for your help guys,but looks like my touch isnt working,but its really a strange problem cuz its only not working in keyboard.

Upvote 0
hello again, just now i wanted to install wiftkey,but it said i cant open it(probably cuz im 1.5 firmware) so i rooted my htc and installed firmware version 2.1 when the installation completed,i rbeooted my phone and i saw that my whole touch isnt working. it later came good, but the touch again doesnt work,so 10 secs works, 10 doesnt. i really dont know what to do,looks like its a touch problem.

Upvote 0
Let me correct one error from earlier in the thread: factory reset does not erase the sd card (I've done it more times than I care to count!). But you probably found that out yourself.

I am suspecting that you actually have a hardware problem. Factory reset just erases user apps and settings, leaving only the system software. And installing a new ROM has replaced everything that the factory reset didn't! So that doesn't leave much room for a software cause for this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones