Problem with HTC Sync (with Outlook)Support

Last Updated:

1. sohck

sohck New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 25, 2009
    I am using an HTC Magic (Firmware version 1.5) and I am having problems syncing the contacts with Microsoft Outlook (on Windows XP).

After I initiated a sync, the phone will reboot itself (after a couple of minutes, during the stage "Preparing data from your phone") and return the error "2 General" "No connection to the phone".

I have done "Factory data reset" a few times. Every time I have done the factory reset, it will work for a while and then the problem will come back again.

Any help to solve the problem is appreciated.

2. va3jlf

va3jlf Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I had similar problems with HTC Sync. IT just doesn't work well enough and I finally gave up. When it did sync, it would also give me lots of duplicates. Others have also had similar experiences.

What I did in the end was to purchase Companionlink for Google, it's around $40US. It works like a charm, does contacts, calendar, tasks and notes and the the support people are very good. You might want to give this a try. You can evaluate the program for 14 days before deciding to buy. The site is What I do with mine is to use Companionlink to sync Outlook with Gmail contacts and then Google pushes the contacts to the phone. It works really well.