Problem with internal memorySupport

Last Updated:

1. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Desire yesterday and apparently I only have 25 MB of internal memory left. Now, I know that Desire is supposed to have most of its internal memory used up and around 130 MB left but I have installed only 16 apps, which take up around 35 MB. Can anyone help me with this please?

Advertisement
  2. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Try clearing the cache under internet settings

3. DMXXX

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it didn't help. Anyway I have used internet only once or twice so it would have been odd if the cache would have been so big. Also from what I understand I can't actually access the internal memory without rooting to see what's taking up all that space.

EDIT: A factory reset should in all likeliness solve this issue, right?

4. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebooting?

5. DMXXX

Yes I have. It had no effect.

6. DMXXX

Also is it correct that many of the default applications show their size in the app managesr either to be very small or 0B? Oh and I did a recheck and according to the app manager I have installed exactly 38.23 MBs worth of apps. Can it be that somehow some app has used up all the memory without telling me. For example I got the game Asphalt and it had to download 98 MB's to my memory card (I checked the card and the data is definitely there). Maybe that data by some miracle also found it's way onto the phones internal mem or something? I know I'm reaching here but this is a really annoying problem and I really wouldn't like to return my phone over something like that.

7. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Try not to worry too much when firmware 2.2 is released we should be able to install apps to the SD card

8. DMXXX

Yeah I know but I wouldn't want to stick with a faulty phone. Anyway I'll try a factory reset soon.

9. DMXXX

OK. I did a reset and now everything is allright. I also think I found out the problem. Apparently when I download an app the apk is transeffered to the phones internal memory but after the install it doesn't get deleted. I think it also happens only when installing from a computer using HTC Sync.

Balistyx likes this.