1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with K9 Mail Not Syncing

Last Updated:

1. marc202

marc202 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! I'm new to the forums and I just picked up a Droid 2 last week. I'm having a problem with K9 Mail -- it's not automatically checking for mail. It only syncs when I do a manual sync. I have Background sync set to "when 'Background data' is checked'. I have Background data sync set up on my Droid. All of my mail accounts are pop3.

I thought maybe the default mail client was picking up the mail instead of K9, so I tried setting the default mail client to manual sync only, but that made no difference.

This might be a dumb question, but do I need to turn polling on in order for K9 to automatically sync? Or is that not the problem?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Yep...turn on polling. You can set the intervals at which K-9 will check for mail. I have more important accounts, for example, set for every 10 or 15 minutes while lesser accounts are set for 30 minutes or more. Supposedly more frequent polling takes a toll on the battery, but it hasn't caused me any concern to date.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Depends on the type of account. Is it push or pull? You need to poll the latter.

marc202 likes this.
  4. marc202

It's not a push account, so I guess I need to set up polling. Thanks!

5. marc202

Another question -- how do I get K9 to sync at the same interval as the default mail apps? I think the default sync for non-GMail accounts is 15 minutes, so I can set that up, but do you know the default sync time for GMail accounts?

And if I set up polling, do I still need to enable background sync/background data?

6. truelies

truelies New Member

This software is really confusing people. Why can't they sync each time you go into email like apple does?