Problem with KiesSupport

Last Updated:

1. swp4lfe

swp4lfe Member

Hello all, I just deleted and re installed samsung kies and everytime i try to do a backup it keeps crashing. Saying Kies has stopped working. EVERY time. I can not sucessfully backup my data. And also IT keeps trying to upgrade firmware even tho it sucessfully upgrades but it keeps repeating. I dont know what the problem is. I thought if i uninstalled Kies and downloaded the latest version the problem will stop. But it hasnt. Does anyone else have this problem??

2. raindeer

raindeer New Member

I'm having the same problem with Kies 2.5. Keeps crashing. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but still says "Kies has stopped working" once I've connected the device. :|

I reinstalled an older version which is 2.3, but it keeps prompting me to upgrade to 2.5 to be able to upgrade my firmware.

Any suggestions?
  3. PappaDuck

PappaDuck Member

Not that I have a solution but I would just like to add a problem I'm having:
    When I click on "Tools" and then "Emergency firmware recovery", "Firmware upgrade and initialisation" or "Firmware upgrade settings" a new window pops up with different options. But they just turn white after a few seconds, leaving you with no other choise than to close the window and maybe try open it again, hoping that you can read/make the changes before it disappears again.

My conclusion is that Kies just still isn't worth it...
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yep, Kies is a PITA.

I haven't opened it in weeks so I did this morning. It said there was an update which I tried to download. It wouldn't install until I rebooted my PC. Then I had trouble connecting my phone and had to go through the connection troubleshooting and it finally got connected to my phone.

The only thing I can suggest is uninstalling Kies, clean out your temp folder, delete the Samsung folder, reboot and try installing again.

I'm using Win 7 64 bit. If you have XP, make sure you have the SP3 update installed.