problem with linked people on htc desireSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jonathanw

Jonathanw Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. Totally new to android so could be something really easy.
    I have linked my phone book to facebook and linked peoples number together. I.e in my phone book i might have mum as mum and mum (w). One is home the other is work. I have tried to set the name as mum but it keeps changing on its own to mum (w) after a while. Sometimes it could be days. This happens with quite a few people in my phone book bit not all.
    Any ideas how i can stop this?

Advertisement
  2. lah6

lah6 New Member

I've got a similar/same problem. I've been setting peoples names as their facebook entry, as the entry from my old sim card is in the wrong format, only to find it keep reverting back to the old sim cards format (surname;firstname without spaces, all in the first name entry).

I'm pretty sure I've turned off the automatic sync to facebook so dont know quite what else to do!

Cheers

3. Jonathanw

I've not tried that. Just switched off the life sync for contacts and feed.
    It only happens on a few names in my list and usually within a few hours. Will let you know if it makes any difference on mine.

4. Jonathanw

Well that didn't take long.
    They've already reverted to the wrong name.
    Just realised that the only ones affected are one's with more than one link. I.e two phone numbers and face book. I wonder if that's what is causing it?
    If so might just have to have two entries set up for some people.