Problem with Metamorph

Last Updated:

1. jlb44

jlb44 Member This Topic's Starter

OK so i recently rooted to droidmod 1.0 and installed metamorph and the theme HexFusion. I worked great, but then i decided to intall ROM Manager and try to switch to Cyanogen, so when i was done, and the last step to getting cyanogen was to reboot all it did was go from the Droid logo to the droid eye continuously, so i used the sbf. file and got back to 2.0.1, and intalled droidmod again. But now when i use metamoph, whenever i try to extract the files it fails and this shows up

The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written (contact theme creator)

I know its not the theme that is messed up because i have used it before and i have tried 2 other themes that also say the same thing. I tried uninstalled and reflashing but non of this worked. Do i have to use the sbf. file again to get it to work? Please help and also if you know some cool themes for MM droidmod please leave a link. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I know this doesn't answer your question, but did you check the box to wipe data and cache when you installed Cyanogen? Seems a bit weird that it just didn't work for you.

3. jlb44

Yeah, well actually all it did was wipe data and cache, i never actually checked off to intall the theme, but when it was rebooting after the wipe it would stay in that continuous loop. I am not familier with ROM manager i have just done it manually, but i decided to try it.

4. jlb44

And i just noticed that when i go into existing theme i cant find the theme file in any of my themes, what would cause this because it worked on my cousins phone and it worked on mine before

5. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you got the latest update or reinstalled metamorph from your sd card, but the latest version says the control file needs to be xml rather than the .thm that currently exists in most themes.

6. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

So is there a way to go back to a previous version of metamorph? Dopey me updated and then tried to change themes and now none of them work because they all have .thm instead of .xml. Whose bright idea was it to change that key feature? This was supposed to be THE way to theme your droid.

7. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

It's not very hard to convert the thm file to xml. There's even a tool that was created to do this. You might want to check the xda forums for it.

I think it was a good move because the control file is now a bit more structured. Besides, a theme can be made compatible with old and new versions of MM - just provide both thm and xml files in the zip. Any version of MM only will recognize one of the two control files.

8. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member