• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with microphone on Galaxy S2

mike_s_price

Pending Deletion
Aug 26, 2011
All,

I'm having a bit of a problem using my handset to make and receive calls. In short, people on the other end of the line can barely, if at all, hear me. I think that it is slightly improved when I use the speakerphone mode, but it is not much of an improvement and is only really possible to use in a mundane environment where I won't be disturbing others.

I've had the problem for about a week now. I've tried using the service menu to boost the volume of the microphone but to no avail. I have the latest version of the firmware (2.3.5) on the handset.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I take it back to Vodaphone?

Cheers,
Mike

im getting the same problem on my sgs2 , , its only a few weeks old , , and just recently in like the last day when i call someone they cant hear my voice , , but when i put it on loudspeaker the mic seems to work and the person on the other side can hear my voice , , if i dont get a soultion for this problem on the net tonight , , im gonna have to go back to the shop and get a replacement , ,

Upvote 0
im getting the same problem on my sgs2 , , its only a few weeks old , , and just recently in like the last day when i call someone they cant hear my voice , , but when i put it on loudspeaker the mic seems to work and the person on the other side can hear my voice , , if i dont get a soultion for this problem on the net tonight , , im gonna have to go back to the shop and get a replacement , ,

well its been a bit more than 5 months now since this post , , and ive already got a galaxy s3 , ,

i ended up takeing the old sgs2 back to the shop where they sent it away to get it fixed , , 2 weeks later i got the sgs2 back and it was all working sweet , ,

untill i put the sgs2 in the wash , , "doh!!"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones