Problem with microphone on Galaxy S2Support

1. mike_s_price

mike_s_price Member

All,

I'm having a bit of a problem using my handset to make and receive calls. In short, people on the other end of the line can barely, if at all, hear me. I think that it is slightly improved when I use the speakerphone mode, but it is not much of an improvement and is only really possible to use in a mundane environment where I won't be disturbing others.

I've had the problem for about a week now. I've tried using the service menu to boost the volume of the microphone but to no avail. I have the latest version of the firmware (2.3.5) on the handset.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I take it back to Vodaphone?

Cheers,
    Mike

Advertisement
  2. fudashiii

fudashiii New Member

I had the same problem with my first handset. I called Orange, sent it back and they sent me a new one and it was far better. So you've probably got a faulty handset like mine was.

Good luck!
  3. Vinesh1337

Vinesh1337 Member

You should get your phone changed. I've read that S2's tend to have faulty mics. Luckily mine was good! :D
  4. mike_s_price

mike_s_price Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to perform a factory reset on the handset in case any software/apps have modified the settings. If there is no improvement I'll get it repaired.
  5. rodneymc18

rodneymc18 New Member

im getting the same problem on my sgs2 , , its only a few weeks old , , and just recently in like the last day when i call someone they cant hear my voice , , but when i put it on loudspeaker the mic seems to work and the person on the other side can hear my voice , , if i dont get a soultion for this problem on the net tonight , , im gonna have to go back to the shop and get a replacement , ,
  6. rodneymc18

rodneymc18 New Member

well its been a bit more than 5 months now since this post , , and ive already got a galaxy s3 , ,

i ended up takeing the old sgs2 back to the shop where they sent it away to get it fixed , , 2 weeks later i got the sgs2 back and it was all working sweet , ,

untill i put the sgs2 in the wash , , "doh!!"