1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with MyBackup Pro

Last Updated:

1. Aaron Kester

Aaron Kester Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I was updating to Froyo yesterday but I still had SPrecovery installed and to get rid of it I had to flash the defult non rooted 2.1 which would reset my phone, so naturally I used Mybackup Pro to save all my apps and data. So I went ahead and got all my apps back on my phone but for some reason none of the free apps are showing up as installed in the android market. So despite having the apps on my phone the android market doesn't know I own them. Can anyone help me in making the android store recognize all my apps. I figure I could manually go and install all the apps already on my phone, but wont this take up double the space if I already have the apps?

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

I had this problem with MyBackupPro. It restored my apps just fine, but did not find the market link. It wasn't a big issue since I had the I wanted. The only way to fix that is to go into the market and re-download the apps. It shouldn't use up that much more space. All its going to do is replace the already installed app. Similar to updating an app. You should stick with Titanium Backup. Way better imo.

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I may be wrong about this, but I thought the apps you downloaded were linked to your Google account... that that's where the records are kept for what you downloaded.

Is it possible that you need to re-set-up your phone with your Google account in it?

4. tmzbeme

tmzbeme Well-Known Member

you would think that .....unfortunately that's not the case.
    install this, problem solved

aTrackDog - track new version - Android app on AppBrain

5. srothkin

srothkin Well-Known Member

You need to be rooted for MyBackup Pro to restore the market links of the apps it restores.

The market should automatically restore apps you have purchased, but it doesn't do that for free apps (at least not prior to Froyo).