Problem with new SD card

Last Updated:

1. rob the plumber

rob the plumber Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed a 16 gig Sandisk SD card in my EVO. Now when I try to take a picture it shows an error along the lines of insufficient privilege to SD card. When I go into Settings>SD card and storage it shows no total or available memory. I then select "unmount SD card" then reboot the phone and it seems to work for a while, Show the available memory, then go back to the same problem.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Loonytunes

Loonytunes Well-Known Member

Did you format the card?

3. rob the plumber

At first, no. I then formatted the card via the phone. The funny thing is that none of the media on the card disappeared after the format.

4. rob the plumber

It formatted fine just a minute ago. Thanks

5. rob the plumber

And......after a while of working flawlessly, it goes back to the same old crap! "unable to save file to sd card due to insufficient file permissions" A reboot of the phone fixes it for a little while, then it won't access the SD card again. I googled the error message and it is a very popular error For Android phones. nobody seems to have a fix.

6. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

Is there any chance your card is counterfeit? There's been a rash of those from eBay out there that are alleged SanDisks; run a search (plus they tell you how to determine if so).

7. ComputerLover

ComputerLover New Member

i did order sandisk mirco sd 32gb cost $18.53 in china by ebay.. few days ago..

8. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

I'm gonna bet this ain't gonna end well ... run a search; a lot of those Chinese counterfitters are taking 4G/8G cards and dicking around with the config info to make 'em look like 32GB cards, but once you cross the real storage limit, you'll start trashing your data.

There's a program out there (for the PC, IIRC) that'll test the cards for you, so try that before putting them into your phone, lest you lose all your data.

It's a serious case of Caveat Emptor, as you gotta figure that even coming from China, a card that retails for no less than ~$170 anywhere won't be legit for $20 ...!