Problem with New Topics in phone forums

1. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I can start a New Topic with Tapatalk in some forums but not in the phone forums. I noticed this because someone reported it on the Tapatalk forum.

Advertisement
  2. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Yes that person was me, not sure what's going on as apparently it only seems not to work in some forums, I can't create a new post in the galaxy note 2 sub forum?

Pete.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's very odd - are you adding a prefix when creating a new thread from your browser?

Please let us know any other forums where this is happening.

By the way, we are experiencing periods where the site is not accessible and that will show as an nginx error.

Thanks for your patience on this! :)
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I can't seem to create a new thread via in any device section I try. It doesn't coincide with the nginx errors either.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. peter7769

Using a browser is fine, but just heard from tapatalk and it's a problem their end, a fix is due in the next few days.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. Xyro

7. Xyro

An updated version is currently working its way through the market approval process. That should fix the problem, apparently.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. peter7769

All fixed with new version :)
    EarlyMon, Xyro and bberryhill0 like this.
  9. Xyro

Yep :)

Looks like prefixed sections were the ones affected.
  10. EarlyMon

That makes sense.
  11. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

New Topic now has a choice of prefixes. I've never seen that before in Tapatalk.
  12. peter7769

It was always on mine in 2.4.1 but only on Android forums.
  13. Xyro

I can't remember how it was before, but only the phone + tablet sections (excluding the ATRs) and the classifieds section use prefixes, so it is possible you've just not bumped into it before.
  14. EarlyMon

Plus, the prefix-required flag wasn't set on a number of prefixed forums and we corrected that fairly recently.