• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with notifications on Huawei watch

Cenobyte

Lurker
Jul 29, 2016
Recently I switched from Apple iPhone to a Oneplus3 and I also have a Huawei watch. I am very happy with the Oneplus3, very impressive phone, and I also like the watch very much.

Strange thing is, notifications on the Huawei watch worked fine with the Apple iPhone, but they keep quitting on my Oneplus3 phone with an error message in the Android Wear app. In the app I get a blue error screen with the message (I attached a screenshot):

"There is a problem with synchronizing notifications to your watch. Restart your watch to resume notifications. SYNCHRONIZING NOTIFICATIONS HAS STOPPED".

Strange thing is that the app always says that my Huawei IS connected (is does not lose connection, only notifications).

I already tried:
- restarting the watch,
- deleting watch and make a new connection
- deleting the Android Wear app, restarting phone, reinstall app, restart watch and make new connection,
- the latter with first deleting and forgetting watch

None of this seems to work permanently. The watch receives notifications for a short while and then just stops. When I open Android Wear I then get the message as shown above.

Please help me, because notifications is the best thing a smartwatch offers and it helps me taking notice of these notifications in noisy areas and when sound the of my phone is off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160728-232705.jpg
    Screenshot_20160728-232705.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Hello!
Have you tried a different watch face? Yes I know, you are asking "what does the watchface have to do with anything?" but I'm tellin' ya, stranger things have happened to me :)

Well, I was thinking the same thing...
I had Watchmaker installed with all kinds of fancy watches and my next move was to remove Watchmaker, because I had the impression that the WM faces were very nice, but also take quite some processor power. The watch responds much slower on gestures when running a WM face.

This morning I repeated my long remove/reinstall routine and I also chose to use a standard face that came with the Huawei watch. At this moment WM is still on my phone, but I'm not using it and today my watch is still giving me notifications! :) I will try this for a couple of days, see if it keeps working.

I also removed an app that let's you create different vibration patterns for notifications. It seemed nice to feel if Watsapp or Mail was hailing you, but I guess it intercepts your notifications to modify the watch's behavior and since that could be a part of my problem, I removed the app.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Are both your watch and Android Wear apps up to date? I would assume the Wear App is since you uninstalled, then reinstalled it.
I'll have to check my watch when I get home to see what version it's on to compare.

I'm also wondering if your bluetooth, for some reason, disconnects/shuts off either on your phone or the watch, and then you are seeing that error message. (it was a thought)

Upvote 0
Both devices are a couple of weeks old and have the newest updates on them. Android Wear version is 1.5.0.2954763 and Android OS is 6.0.1. The Oneplus3 phone is on Android 6.0.1. (OxygenOS 3.2.2).

I don't think Bluetooth is disconnecting because the watch actually stays connected to the phone when I get the error message that notifications do not work. Even stranger is that when I get the error message, the test notifications in the Wear app DO work on the watch...

Upvote 0
The Broom? Is that an app? Like the CleanMaster app?
No sorry, I mean the broom icon in the bottom when using the multitask management screen. As a new Android user I used the broom icon to close all my running apps, but later on I noticed that it's better to use the "slider" icon to the right, because the broom icon also kills background apps.

Upvote 0
No sorry, I mean the broom icon in the bottom when using the multitask management screen. As a new Android user I used the broom icon to close all my running apps, but later on I noticed that it's better to use the "slider" icon to the right, because the broom icon also kills background apps.
Unless an app is acting up, don't kill it. That could be causing this problem and others down the road.

Upvote 0
Well, I feel stupid...

It seems that since I haven't been daily cleaning up my apps the watch works just fine. o_O

Must have been the fact that I often clean up my apps (a thing I kind of picked up on the iPhone) and doing that the wrong way on my Oneplus3. I'm new to Android, so I'm still learning. It's been a couple of days now and the watch seems to be working fine.

Upvote 0
Well, I feel stupid...

It seems that since I haven't been daily cleaning up my apps the watch works just fine. o_O

Must have been the fact that I often clean up my apps (a thing I kind of picked up on the iPhone) and doing that the wrong way on my Oneplus3. I'm new to Android, so I'm still learning. It's been a couple of days now and the watch seems to be working fine.
I know it is counter intuitive, but once you understand how Android works, it makes sense. All the infos are in this thread. A lot of links to key posts are in the OP.
http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones