• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with OTA Update

The update did not work for me:

1. Update notice came up
2. System said unmounting SD (why?)
3. Screen option popped up to install, install later or cancel
4. I picked install, but the screen locked up for a minute and then went away
5. System did not reboot
6. The new 605.2 version does not show up, but system says "already updated" but it is not (still shows 605)
7. Battery was at 90%
8. Shut down, removed battery, placed back in, rebooted and still nothing.

Messed up update, which BTW, I never had a problem like this before and using Android since the G1 launched.

Upvote 0
I got no update notification at all. I just went and checked updates myself and the phone immediately started the download without me pressing the download button. I got a black and white screen with the whirly download bar going but NOTHING LOADING after 15 minutes just the whirly download bar. So I shut the phone down re booted it and re tried the download in the system updates section and it started again this time loading properly showing a green bar several times and it re booted on its own twice I think. The new version is showing as being loaded and all seems good so far. Software number now showing is 1.22.605.2

Upvote 0
I got the update around 12pm est. but anyhow update seems to have went fine but have not played around with the phone much. I can say the screen seems to be more crisp looking, maybee like the colors more vibrant, maybee its just me lol, but I also notice now my weatherbug elite has a loading icon(Refreshing icon) at top of screen might have to reinstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones