Problem with phone callsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. brandonmohl1

brandonmohl1 Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 23, 2010
    I have had my eris for a couple of months now and all of a sudden when i try to call somebody or someone calls me, i will answer and it sounds like alot of static. Any helpful ideas?

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Hello brandonmohl. It looks like you're pretty new here, welcome. :)

There are a few possibilities as to the reason for that issue in the Eris. I'm wondering if yours is a new phone or a "refurb" or reconditioned, used device previously returned to the store, or if you purchased it from another source, such as eBay, etc.

At any rate, one possibility is that you're experiencing a well known bug in many Erises called the "silent call" bug, which means it'll likely have to be replaced because there is no remedy for that particular issue.

The "static," though, makes me wonder if it is something else, such as a malfunction in the receiving apparatus and, again, would require repair or replacement.

There are a few things you can try: the first thing I would do is a live battery pull, which is to just remove the battery while the device is turned on, leave it out for a minute or so and then put it back in and test for the issue.

If that does not help, trying what's called a "factory data reset" often remedies many issues; that will entail re-activating the Eris with prompts you will see as you go along.

To do the factory data reset, first make sure the battery is well charged then use menu > settings > privacy > factory reset.

Let's see how those things help. Please post back and tell us how it's coming along.