Problem with photos in Gallery

Last Updated:

1. mlucifersam

mlucifersam Member This Topic's Starter

I have some old magazine scans on my Desire. Just updated to 2.2 and now the pages are all out of order! The covers are in the middle of them all. Even though when I look at these files on a computer they are all in the correct order.

I have some photos on my phone too, they are all messed up and the phone is not sorting them by the filename it seems. Is it sorting them by the date the photo/scan/pic was created??

Anyway, my pics are a mess and I was wondering if there's a way to sort the photos by the filename given, like a computer does.

Also, before I go, sometimes when I go into Gallery (or Photos as it was before) sometimes the phone seems to get stuck on creating the thumbnails for each folder, gets half way down and decides to start again, resetting all the thumbnails to blank, this can go on for ages and makes getting to any lower down folders impossible, cos the screen always scrolls up to the top when it starts re-creating the thumbnails.

Any ideas on either of these anyone?

Ta!

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the horrible app called 3D gallery. You are now licensed to rage as often as you wish, where ever you are.

First, pictures are listed in the order that they were transfered to your phone, not by file name.

Secondly, I have a huge Gallery library, and about 10% of the thumbnail will not regenerate.

Supposedly, the next version of Android (expected this quarter) is to focus on media to coincide with the Google TV launch. I sure hope the devs themselves rage at the music player and gallery.

Alternatively, go get JustPictures! from the Market. It's far closer to what a proper gallery app should be.

3. mlucifersam

mlucifersam Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that. JustPictures does what Gallery doesn't. Just one thing. Is there anyway to get the 1st page to be the thumbnail? While looking at my list of magazines on my phone, it's still got a random page as the thumbnail. With them being magazines, it's nice to have the front cover as the thumbnail.
    Other than that this is fine. Thanks for your help.