Problem with picasa/2.1/wallpapers

Last Updated:

1. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I've finally decided to look into using picasa and to test it out and see if i like it i've been uploading some backgrounds to it, to use it as a sort of web based repository for new backgrounds i see when i don't feel like hooking up my phone to the computer, not able to, or don't feel like navigating on the phone to d/l from the site i'm on. Now the problem i'm running into is that some of the pics i'm not able to set as a background on my phone, funny thing is i did a test to see if it's actually the picture by putting it on my phone vs getting to it via picasa and i'm able to use it while it's on the phone, just not via my picasa web album in the gallery program. Anyone else experience this or know what might be causing this?

Edit: Also one thing to note i just looked and it seems like the pics are only partially downloaded when you look at them (the ones not working). They are still all blurry and not in focus.

Advertisement
  2. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any idea's as to why it does this?

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Can't help with they why's but can confirm it's not just you.
    I had never used Picasa either and when I got the update I had a constant sync issue, it was Picasa. It was trying to sync to nothing basically. I decided to give it a try and uploaded a picture, the phone synced and the picture looked like absolute crap! I deleted it off Picasa and unchecked sync and now I'm done with that!

4. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

To me, it seems reasonable to say that the Picasa album pics aren't working cuz they aren't physically on the phone; they're just being viewed (are viewable) from an online source via Gallery. You'll notice, too, that you can't delete pictures from the Picasa album(s) via the Gallery either (which I find to be irritating).