Problem with recovery image

Last Updated:

1. murdros

murdros Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a problem flashing the recovery image recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2-green.img from xda-developers site. My phone bootloader is already unlocked but when I try to follow the directions for the recovery my phone keeps getting stuck on a green droid with a exclamation point next to it. I tried to follow a couple of videos but it seems I am having the same problem and am not sure why. I tried using the SDK to try and push the image to the phone and it goes through the sending and writing fine but nothing happens. I have also tried to put it on the sd card itself and type in adb reboot recovery and it reboots but then sits at an image with a green droid with an exclamation point next to it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I did wrong? I see the unlock symbol on my phone when I boot up so I am assuming I unlocked the boot loader correctly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Forgot to mention that I do have usb debugging on just incase you might be wondering.

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Looks like the recovery image you downloaded got corrupted. Perhaps try redownloading it and reflashing it again?

murdros likes this.
  3. murdros

It appears you are right grainysand. It works fine now and I was able to put cyanogen on but now I am wondering why the superuser permission program only shows a black screen when it is launched. Could it be because I missed something else or had another bad file?

4. grainysand

Oh, the super user permission "app" doesn't actually do anything. It just shows you a log of root permissions you've allowed to apps (apps that require root will usually pop up a window asking you whether you want the app to access so-and-so).

5. murdros

Ok. Is it possible to change the message notification color or anything like that? If so where is the option located or how do I do it? Thanks again.

6. grainysand

7. murdros

Thanks for the help.

8. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Did you only root your phone or did you flash a new rom like cyanogen's? If you flashed cyanogen it includes the trackball color notification by chainsdd so you just set the color notification in each app.

9. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

I think you will find that at the moment, you can only change the colour notification on the Messaging app. The others are hard-coded into the ROM, as this is how Stock was built.

10. murdros

I flashed it with Cyanogen version 5.0.4.1-N1. Is that the newest one? I noticed that you could change the light in the messaging app after I looked in the options today. One other thing I found but was unable to do anything with is the glass status bar. Is there a walkthrough somewhere on how to get this onto the phone or does anyone know what has to be done to get it to work? I saw something about possibly pushing it to the phone from a pc but am not sure how to do that.

11. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

You are in luck as I have just done this myself.

As long as you have rooted, you download Metamorph from the market, then download the Glass Status bar theme from XDA developers. Save the file to your SD card, do a Nandroid backup if you want, then install the theme from the app

The link for the theme file is in another thread in this part of the forum.

murdros likes this.
  12. murdros

Thanks Daffy. I actually already had Metamorph downloaded/installed on the phone and the zip file for Glass Status bar download but I unzipped the file and put it on the SD instead of just putting the zip file on.