• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with removing tabs

BadBruin

Lurker
Jan 15, 2015
I am having trouble removing some tabs from my Galaxy S4. When I tap on the minus icon for each tab, I get a message that says, "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped". I then went to the options menu at the bottom of the page, and discovered that the close all option was not highlighted. I tapped it anyway and nothing happened. What is the next step? I'm a smartphone newbie, so be gentle.

Howdy there BadBruin!
Welcome to AF!
I assume you are using the stock browser?
Hi, Mikestony!
Thanks for responding. I use Firefox as my browser, and already tried clearing browser history, cache, data......etc. Nothing worked. So....I went back to my Windows Manager and took a new approach. When I double-tapped the screen, I was able to make the "close all" function in the options menu work and was able to successfully remove the "frozen" multiple windows. I'd still like to know why I kept getting the aforementioned message that the "Internet is not working".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones