• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with replacement phone

tomplatz

Lurker
Jul 25, 2010
My phone lost 4g after the 3.29 update (not from rooting or anything else), so the Sprint store replaced it for me. I think it's a refurb, but fine.

I activate the new phone, update and run unrevoked 3.21. Life is good.

Problem 1: My 4g download speeds are now on the order of 0.8-2mbps, when I used to get 20-30mbps consistently. This is anywhere in my area, work or home, and is consistently this slow. I've updated PRL and profile.

Problem 2: My battery life is insanely bad with the same battery out of my old phone. 100% to 40% in 2 hours just sitting on the counter. All the appropriate things are done, I disabled all manual syncs, there's no obvious running apps draining it. 40% is cell standby, 30% is the Android System. Que pasa??

Anyone have any thoughts? I've even done a master reset and re-loaded everything. Same problems.

If your other phone didnt have 4g, and this new one isnt working properly on 4g, it could be a network problem. Call Customer Service and have them check the network and put in a trouble ticket.

Problem 2: My battery life is insanely bad with the same battery out of my old phone.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when sprint replaced my phone. I got horrible battery life with the new phone. A hard reset seemed to fix that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones