• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Reply/Forward format in Sent Mail

Brogues

Lurker
Sep 22, 2012
Does anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Outlook 2010? I have an issue which is still unresolved, despite talking to my email provider and Samsung. It affects all of my email accounts, apart from GMail. I have IMAP on all.

When I reply or forward from my phone the thread appears normally on the phone and in my webmail accounts. However, when I view it in the Sent Mail on my laptop in Outlook, the entire thread is broken up into separate attachments txt files so I am then unable to reply or forward the same email from Outlook as the thread cannot be seen.

I have tried using a different email client (K9) and this issue doesn't exist. I have also tried replying and forwarding from my previous HTC Desire S phone and the issue doesn't exist.

There are no settings on the phone which are causing this - I have checked them all with Samsung.

Does anyone else experience this problem and do you know of a resolve. I am going around in circles with Samsung and the response is always the same - reset the phone, take the phone into repair etc. But it has been the same from the outset and the phone clearly doesn't need to be repaired because it works with a different email client.

I am now having to cc myself on emails that are replied to or forwarded so that at least the thread can be seen in my Inbox on Outlook. It is only the Sent Mail which is the issue. Any thoughts would be very welcomed as the problem is driving me nuts!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones