• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with ringtones getting reset

jdk33

Jul 16, 2010
Flo Rida
Hi all,

Having a problem with Ringtones I've created in RingDroid getting reset. For example I made two ringtones for alarms and incoming calls in ringdroid, then set the phone up to use them.

The problem comes when I reboot the phone. The phone ringtone and alarm ringtone both say "unknown ringtone" after that. I'm assuming this is because the ringtones are on the sdcard and that isn't mounted until the phone is already booted up.

Anyone have a similar problem, or know how to fix it?

No, I don't have any other idea. Do you get this "unknown ringtone" message right after restart, or in settings (before or after sdcard is mounted?). Maybe it's caused by connecting your phone to PC (I'm not sure, how Android behave, if the card with ringtones disappears [when connected to PC in USB reader mode, it's disconnected from phone then], maybe all tones will be set to 'default' or 'unknown'? But it's just my suspicion, maybe completely wrong [I'm using adb, not USB mode])

Upvote 0
My wife and I have this problem on our Incredibles. It also spontaneously changes my notification volume from zero (plus vibrate) to having the same volume as my ringtone. It's annoying to have the phone beep every time I get some junk e-mail. Then I have to go back in to Settings-Sound-Volume, then uncheck the checkbox, then slide notification volume to zero.

I wish there were a way to lock sound settings against system changes.

Upvote 0
i have just got a zte blade and had the same problem with ringtone resets after reboot and after trial and error here is solution.

1.copy contact onto phone memory(long hold on contact and select copy to local).
2.assign ringtone.
3.remove contact from sim as this will conflict.
4.after reboot personal ringtone will work....

hope this helps people out

Upvote 0
I dont know if its the jelly bean update I downloaded or the app I use but I assign certain text tones and ringtones for people in my contacts they stay there for a few days or so then without warning they get reset to no music at all when I get a text it just pops up in the window no music they all reset that way and I get tired of going in and resetting all the time im using stock contacts and go sms for text anyone have any ideas the ringtones are in notifications on my sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones