Problem with Rom Manager (premium) permissions

1. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Rom Manager + Premium, and I'm getting annoying errors. I'm trying to do a backup of my current Rom before I attempt to flash a new one, and I get "Error while dumping boot image!" even when trying the manual nandroid backup. When I try Fix Permissions from Rom Manager it also gives me a screen telling me "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands" I allowed the Rom Manager root access and I still get these errors. I currently have Bugless Beast 1.2 installed.

How do I fix these problems?

Advertisement
    :
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

From what I seeing in the recent comments in the market, ROM Maneger is currently suffering few some growing pains, especially in the area of failed backups. I am sure with the fast pace the developer is updating it will be worked out soon. For now, I am going to stick with my current ROM until the dust settles.

Update: Koush just updated Clockwork Recovery to version 1.7.8.5 that is suppossed to fix the backup issuses. Try going back into ROM Manager and flash the new recovery. I am too tired to play with it now to test it...
  3. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

Do I have to have 2.1 installed before I can use the Rom Manager to update to update to Bugless Beast 0.9?
    shrink57 likes this.
  4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

No. Just make sure you do a full data wipe and do a backup first.
  5. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm new to the Rom Manager, "full data wipe?" What does that mean? I've only updated roms with update.zip files in the past.
  6. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Okay I am having this same issue! I cannot fix permissions...Can someone help me out??????
  7. slosh

slosh Well-Known Member

Just FYI...there is a security feature in RM now...i guess it was getting pirated. Not sure what your problem is but if pirated it will only show you the free stuff. Not sure if this is your case.
  8. nealexus

nealexus Member

Where i can purchase RM premium?
  9. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Marketplace. Should show up in search, if not, find ROM Manager (free) and choose "More by developer."
  10. nealexus

nealexus Member

No matches in Android Market.
  11. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Ok, try this:

Search for Klaxon (an alarm clock app).
    Click it, then select "View More Applications."

It should be listed there.
  12. nealexus

nealexus Member

Unfortunately, i can't found any information where i can purchase Rom Manager Premium
  13. hammer690

hammer690 Member

Try going into the market and do a search for "root" you should find rom manager and rom manager premium there.
  14. nealexus

nealexus Member

i found rom manager but no place from where i can purchaase
  15. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member

i just updated to froyo from rom manager. I am getting some forceclose issues and i keep getting the "error occurred while attempting to run priveliged commands" i have ROM manager premium and I bought it so I dont know what the problem is. Any help?
  16. nealexus

nealexus Member

I can found place where i can purchase premium???
  17. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You can purchase ROM Manager in the Market.
    sykmade likes this.
  18. nealexus

nealexus Member

i have installed Rom manager free version. When click on serch on Market for RM, have reply that already installed and no any links for purchase. All lines on RM menu is grey exept first two (flash Clockworkmod and Reboot into Recovery). Also when i click on Flash ClockworkMod, got list of Phone models.Can't found Droid/Milestone GSM. my version of RM is v1.8.7.5
  19. johnlgalt

Ahh, then it is one of those protected apps that is not showing up for you. let me find the link to the 'fix' for showing Market protected apps....
  20. nealexus

nealexus Member

:) Thank You.
  21. johnlgalt

I found a thread over at XDA, but I am not sure of your technical expertise level, and I want to make sure that this is, in fact, the right thread to be linking. Let me ask some folks to be sure, and I'll post back.
    Psychokitty likes this.
  22. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

FWIW, fixing permissions w/ the newest version of NexFro does work. Well, it did for me, anyway. It didn't on the other FroYo ROMs I've tried.
  23. johnlgalt

Fixing permissions in ROM Manager or TiBu?

NM - I'm a ****. TiBu already worked, so it has to be in RM....

Sorry for my idiocy.
  24. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

You're eating your FroYo too fast...you're getting brain freeze!