Problem with Rom Manager

Last Updated:

1. rjd262

rjd262 New Member This Topic's Starter

I asked this in a different thread, but though I should make a new one for this.

I just rooted my phone using SimpleRoot OTA, and now I'm looking to install the Damage Control ROM. I'm new to all of this, so I might be missing some steps here.

I installed ROM Manager, and attempted to use it. It prompted me to flash clockwork, so I hit the ok button and away it went. It came back with the error message: "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

I'm stuck at this point. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Advertisement
  2. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information

Is your "software number" 1.47.651.1 ?

This happened to me after doing simpleRoot and when I checked my version number on my phone it was not 1.47.651.1, it was 1.17.x.x something like that. I'm not sure what I did wrong as I followed the guide as close as possible. It could have had something to do with a file Unrevoked had left behind on my SD card.

So to remedy it I did the "second part" of the simpleRoot which took me about 5 minutes and was almost too easy. The link is here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

After doing these instructions I tried ROM Manager and checked my software number and it was now correct and everything was perfect.

3. rjd262

I bet that is exactly what happened to me too. Thanks! I'll go give it a shot.

4. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Yea no problem, make sure to let us know if it worked. I was super anal about unrevoked leaving stuff behind so I formatted my SD card (fat32) before I did step two so the only thing on my card was one file :)

rjd262 likes this.
  5. rjd262

I just finished, and I'm loading Damage Control as I type this out.

I didn't go as far as formating my card, but I did uninstall unrEVOked. I had to do the whole process on that page you linked before it would work, start to finish.

Thanks again!

6. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

Glad you got it working :)