• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with root and VZW OTA update

D

Deleted User

So, once my Rezound started prompting me for the OTA update, I decided I would unfreeze the apps I had so it could update no problem. Attempting to do so with Gemini App Manager was a failure as at first it couldn't get root and then after I updated it I can no longer un-freeze apps without 'donating'. So I just decided to let my phone do it's thing and see what would happen. It downloads, when the phone resets it comes up to System Recovery. Down at the bottom is displays the following :

RA Revamped
Build : RA-VIGOR-v3.15-getitnowmarketing
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
wrong taskid 221384E:Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
(Status 1)
Installation aborted.

If I reboot the system the phone works fine until it starts trying to force me to do the update again, then it's the same thing again. How can I resolve this and just install the damn update?

So, once my Rezound started prompting me for the OTA update, I decided I would unfreeze the apps I had so it could update no problem. Attempting to do so with Gemini App Manager was a failure as at first it couldn't get root and then after I updated it I can no longer un-freeze apps without 'donating'. So I just decided to let my phone do it's thing and see what would happen. It downloads, when the phone resets it comes up to System Recovery. Down at the bottom is displays the following :

RA Revamped
Build : RA-VIGOR-v3.15-getitnowmarketing
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
wrong taskid 221384E:Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
(Status 1)
Installation aborted.

If I reboot the system the phone works fine until it starts trying to force me to do the update again, then it's the same thing again. How can I resolve this and just install the damn update?

If you go into System Settings - Apps, you can manually 'Enable' each of the apps you had frozen.

You also need the stock recovery installed (ie not clockwork or amon ra)

If it still doesn't work, you may have to download the OTAPkg to your computer and flash it in fast boot.

See the thread new global update for instructions on how to do that s-on.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones