1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Problem with rooting my phoneSupport

1. Glitchndew

Glitchndew New Member

Hi, my name's Ashley, and whenever I root my phone I get the error message from SuperUser saying "The Superuser binary (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method. Recovery mode installation is recommended for HTC devices" And when I try installing it I get the error message "There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer." I tried going to logs but there were no logs in the log section.
    I also installed SuperSU but it had the same error message. Please respond!

Thanks,
    Ashley. :)

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello hey how you doing . Welcome to the android forums , i am seeing you having a problem with rooting . Its not the rooting its a problem with the super su app . But lets see if we can get it working . Did you update the super su app to the current version which is 150
    Mikestony likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Download a few apks to look to see if you are rooted .

Root checker.

Ota root keeper.

And if you feel the apk is at fault you can always change the su apk . But do this through the apk or flashing a su apk zip through the cwm
    Mikestony likes this.
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

It sounds to me as though rooting was not successful.

Check with Root Checker (free in Google Play). That will let you know whether whatever you did to root your phone actually worked. My guess is that it did not and that this is the cause of the error message.
    Mikestony likes this.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello and welcome Ashley!
    If the above suggestions don't work, we can get you sorted by first moving this thread to the correct root forum:)
    What carrier are you on? After we find that out, we can move this for ya;)