problem with ryans lagfix

Last Updated:

1. sk8rboikelley

sk8rboikelley Member This Topic's Starter

i have already downloaded the lagfix app..

and i have done this before but i had to get a new vibrant and now i cant figure it out

but once the lagfix is open, i would click for it to root my device, then when it gets done doing all that, it tells you to reboot your phone and blah blah blah..

well i will turn my phone off, wait a minute, then hold down the power-vol up-vol dwn.. all the same time until the vibrant sign comes up the second time then let go...

well instead of going to the screen i need it to go to, it will just start up my device..

then once again i tried it and held the 3 buttons down until WAYY after the second time coming up, and still nothing..

what can i do to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. soundoftheground

soundoftheground Member

i believe the newer vibrants are hardware locked preventing booting into recovery mode with the volume/power button combo.

do a search herd or on xda for a workaround

3. soundoftheground

soundoftheground Member

4. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

you can try oclf from the app market it does it all for you its designed for the rumered phones i beleive they are defective but every one has there own theroy my phone is a good one so im kool lol

5. fencepost

fencepost Member

Since it hasn't been answered, you'll need to download the Android development tools and use 'adb'. I believe you'll need to be on Windows for this, or at least that's the version I've used.

After you extract the tools, open a command prompt and navigate to the directory with all the executables.

Have your phone connected to the computer via USB cable, probably with USB debugging enabled on the phone (Settings, Applications, Development, USB Debugging).

Run the command 'adb reboot recovery'

"Reinstall Packages" to install the update.zip

Congratulations, you're now rooted. This lets you install things like ClockworkMod Recovery (using ROM Manager) and Titanium Backup which you should go do now.

Run a nandroid backup with ClockworkMod Recovery

Back up files, settings, etc. with Titanium.

DO NOT INSTALL THE LAG FIX ITSELF PRIOR TO UPDATING TO THE NEW JI6 FIRMWARE. ATTEMPTING TO UPGRADE WITH A LAG FIX IN PLACE WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE AND YOU WILL SPEND MORE TIME THAN YOU WANT TO WITH ODIN REFLASHING FIRMWARE.

After you've updated to the JI6 firmware, consider the lag fix again, but you might wait a few days - the current 2.1+ lag fix causes you to lose haptic/vibration feedback for some reason.

6. Diverse

Diverse New Member

the new J16 update will fix this issue I had the same problem and it fix my hardware locked vibrant .
    if you haven't got the update yet you might as well wait anyway, because you will have to un-root just to get the update