Problem with Samsung Galaxy S vibrantSupport

Last Updated:

1. senators87

senators87 New Member This Topic's Starter

My galaxy s vibrant has been amazing, however yesterday I was trying to play angry birds and it kept force closing on me, so I turned it off but when I turned it back on the background did not come up and when I unlocked it a message "The application com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.una has stopped unexpectedly" so I had to force close. Then it says "TwLauncher stopped unexpectedly" and I have to force close it as well. All I can do is open task manager (no icons or anything) and those two "Sorry" message/warnings keep popping up :( also I cant seem to boot it up in recovery mode. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset. My galaxy went bonkers and a hard reset did wonders.

3. senators87

That is what I wanted to do, but I am not sure how. I tried turning it off then holding the volume buttons and the power button, then releasing the power button after the first screen flashed once but it just boots up ~normally

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

You can do it in settings too. Go to settings, privacy, factory reset.

5. senators87

Would love to go to settings but i cant see any icons, and the menu button does not do anything

6. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Ok the other way is to hold volume up, home and them power all at once. Keep holding till the white text flashes the reappears. Then let go of power. It should boot you into recovery.

What galaxy model do you have?

7. senators87

GT-I9000M but that worked!! thank you so much for your help! I was kinda freaking out about that lol

8. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Nice! I have the same one (Bell version). Some of the Bell Vibrants didn't have the 3 button. Glad yours has it!